Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Little Fish

This past weekend Mackenzie had her first swim lesson at Little Fish Swimming and she LOVED it! The minute we got there she was itching to get in the water, so much so that I had to hold her or she would run right into the pool (hence the need for swim lessons!). It was a parent/child class so Mommy was in the water too. She learned how to blow bubbles with her mouth and nose, float on her back (wasn't thrilled about this), jump into my arms from a ledge, and of course go under the water!  I was a little nervous about the "dunking" them under the water part but she actually kinda liked it. You hold them in front of you, count to three, blow in their face, and then quickly dunk them! She was a bit shocked when she came back up but she later asked to do it again so I know she was trying to figure out if she actually liked it or not. When I asked if she wanted to do it a third time she answered with a strong "No!" I was so proud of her as she seemed very comfortable in the water and seemed to do really well with everything. The instructor even used her to demonstrate things to the class (that made me even more proud). We can't wait to see what we learn at her next lesson! Happy Swimming, Zie!

Mommy and Zie on our way to our first swim class!


Our little fish waiting for class to start!

1 comment:

  1. Love the swimsuit, could Zie be any cuter?

    ReplyDelete