The girls and I recently got back from one amazing trip! When my mom asked if the girls and I would like to join her in visiting my Aunt Mimi in Wildwood, NJ, I really couldn't say "yes" fast enough! Getting to visit with my great Aunt, in a place I spent a major amount of my childhood, and with my two little girls, was just a dream come true! My Aunt's shore home use to belong to my great-grandmother, and the memories I have of that house and town are still vividly with me. It was like traveling back in time, but this time, it wasn't me and my siblings playing on the front porch, it was my own children! Priceless!
The trip started with a surprise visit to my Aunt Denise's house where my cousin Rachel and her family were also there! We got to see their house, swim in their beautiful pool, and eat a delicious dinner! I had such a great time catching up with my cousin and the kids were total fans of the pool!
We then headed to Wildwood where we really got into the tourist spirit! We rode a bike up and down the boardwalk, went to the beach (twice), toured around Cape May, drove past my PopPop's old house, took a stroll around Wildwood, and even got to visit with our cousin Katie! My Aunt was just so gracious in hosting us, and the girls and I truly enjoyed every single minute with her! Our time there was truly one to remember!
To wrap up the trip we drove over to Norristown, PA for a special visit with Nana and PopPop! Wow, did we have fun in a short amount of time! We spent every inch of time in the pool, from the moment we arrived until bedtime! They literally got out to eat dinner, do some pear picking, and then right back in they went! They had an absolute blast! Thank you, Nana and PopPop for a fun filled day!
Wildwood, we will be seeing you again! :-)
 |
| Hugs for my cousin Rachel with a perfect photo bomb by Aunt Mimi! |
 |
| I love her! <3 |
 |
| Having so much fun in Aunt Denise's pool! |
 |
| We did A LOT of chatting! |
 |
| The ladies and Ben (Rachel's husband) |
 |
| Dinner at Aunt Denise's |
 |
| Walking to the Wildwood boardwalk |
 |
| Our 5 passenger bike was sooooo much fun! |
 |
| We picked the bike named "Guiness" after my cousin's sweet dog. |
 |
| Riding in style and I was the driver! |
 |
| Boardwalk beach balls! |
 |
| We love Wildwood (see those tiny people in front of the sign?!) |
 |
| Hanging around the house |
 |
| The girls with their cousin Clara |
 |
| Cousin picture (just missing Peter who was sick) <3 |
 |
| Taking pictures on this front porch is a long time tradition! |
 |
| Aunt and her great nieces (and sweet dog Ginger) |
 |
| Touring around Wildwood! |
 |
| Cape May, you are gorgeous! |
 |
| Mackenzie woke up one morning and said, "Mommy, I LOVE New Jersey!" This picture proves it! |
 |
| Playing with cousin Katie! |
 |
| Off to Norristown and right into the pool!!!! |
 |
| The next Michael Phelps! ;-) |
 |
| PopPop was the shark, Nana was their safety net! |
 |
| Great ending to one fun week! |
No comments:
Post a Comment