Wow, a lot has been going on in the Wolfe house since I
posted last. We are thrilled to say that Mackenzie has transitioned extremely
well from the crib to the big girl bed! I swear she actually enjoys and sometimes
wants to go to sleep now! She stays in bed all night and is super quite when she
wakes up in the morning. I have to keep checking the monitor or she
will wait at her door for who knows how long until someone gets her (even though the door is unlocked)!
The other day I wasn’t paying as close attention as I should have and
didn’t notice that she had woken up. All the sudden I hear three little knocks
coming from her bedroom door. She was knocking to come in (or really to come
out!). She is just too cute I swear!
We of course have to have fun on the bed too!
(If viewing this post in an email please go to www.mackenzieandisla.blogspot.com to view video)
The next thing on our list was potty training, and as
Mackenzie was giving us all the signs that she was ready, WE (aka her parents)
weren’t ready to go into full training mode since we would be out
of town off and on for the next couple of months. Well, apparently Mackenzie
got tired of waiting and decided she was going to start the process herself! We
have had potty chairs around the house for her to get use to and they served
the purpose of a fun toy for both girls up until last night. I had forgotten to
put a diaper on Mackenzie when I started doing chores around the house. The next thing I
know, Mackenzie is walking out of the bathroom saying, “Bye-Bye pee-pee’s”. I
rush in thinking she peed on the floor and was shocked to find that she peed IN
the potty chair! I of course praised her like crazy, did a big potty song and
dance, and yelled for Jimmy to come look! She got such a kick out of her
parents staring at her pee and clapping like maniacs! I swear this is all
because of an awesome children’s book I stumbled upon called “Duck Goes Potty”
(seriously perfect since her BFF is a duck). The book is super cute and funny
and she really gets into it! Now after she goes on the potty she
says, “You’re a big duck now!” which is one of the lines from the book. It’s just
too cute! She has successfully gone four times since last night! I know there
will be plenty of accidents and slip ups but we are so proud of her already!
Let the training begin!
Isla is making some awesome progress as well! For the past
three nights she has slept through the night! Let me say that again….SLEPT….THROUGH…THE…NIGHT!!!!
I can’t tell you how fantastic that is after 10 months of waking up multiple times
a night to feed her, comfort her, play with her, etc. I feel like a new woman!
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this trend continues! Nice work Isla, nice
work!
Can't believe she sits at her door knocking to come out, how cute is that. Good luck with potty training and I hope Isla sleeps through the night now.
ReplyDelete