May 18, 2013
Mackenzie,
Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Girl! Mommy and Daddy can’t believe you are already two years old. It feels like just yesterday I was waddling around a hospital room waiting for your big arrival. Now here you are, running, jumping, singing, and talking up a storm. You may be the one, who is learning new skills every day, but I am the student, and you are my teacher. You teach me so much about life and love that I am forever grateful. You have shown me a love that goes into the depths of my soul and you teach me every day the importance of patience, love, and understanding. You point out the goodness that surrounds us every day, like a bird sitting on a fence or the colors in the sky, things that so often go unnoticed. Your enthusiasm for life and things around you bring me back to my own innocents. Thank you.
At just two years old you already possess the majority of things you need to succeed in this beautiful life. Continue to grow with them. Continue to be brave, confident, compassionate, enthusiastic, intelligent, strong willed, and fearless. Continue to see the beauty in others and to be amazed by the world around you. Continue to give and receive love. Continue to explore, learn, and grow. Continue to be energetic and a bit wild, but remember to slow down and be present. Continue to share with others and be happy doing so. Continue to apologize for wrong doings and forgive others for theirs. Continue to love and cherish the relationship you have with your sister, she will be your forever friend. Continue being exactly who you are, cause you Mackenzie are amazing!
Happy 2nd Birthday!
I love you,
*If viewing this in an email, please go to www.mackenzieandisla.blogspot.com to view the video
_________________________________________________________________________________
I found last years letter for those who wanted to read it again...It was special for me to look back on my thoughts a year ago. Nothing has changed. :-)
May 18, 2012
Mackenzie Amelia,
Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Pea! Your Daddy and I can't believe you have been in our lives for an entire year! It has truly been the most beautiful year of our lives. Watching you blossom into the sweet little girl you are, makes Mommy and Daddy beam with pride and joy. Every step you take, whether it be a milestone of some sort or an actual step, we are in complete awe of you. At times it even seems as though the world comes to a complete stop just so it can smile back. And that's exactly what you are, our world. We couldn't possibly imagine life without you. Often when you are fast asleep or quietly playing with a toy, your Daddy and I will stare at you in absolute amazement with nothing but love pouring from our hearts. Love, it's a small little word with an endless meaning. We were told countless times we were going to experience a love we had never known before. It wasn't until you were born that we understood what others had been saying. It's an indescribable unimaginable feeling. No words can truly describe it nor give it justice. It's a love you would lay your life down for, a love you would do anything to protect, a love that makes you feel more alive then you have ever felt before. With that love, you have single handily changed my perspective on why I was given this beautiful gift of life. It became clear that rainy night in May, that I was brought here to have you, to raise you, to watch you grow, to help you learn, to guide you through this amazing journey we call life. You are my purpose, and I couldn't be more honored to be your Mother.
Happy Birthday my sweet little girl! Daddy and I look forward to celebrating many more beautiful birthdays with you!
Love,
Mommy
Happy Birthday to my sweet great niece. I wish you many more joyous days and the many wonderful adventures that await you as you grow.
ReplyDelete