Friday, February 22, 2013

Anyone need a tissue?

Poor Zie has come down with another virus leaving her with a fever and very runny nose. After I was finished wiping her head with a tissue (yes, that's right, head. She had snot in her hair, eyes, cheeks, neck, hands, you get the picture) I unconsciously grabbed a clean tissue and stuck it up my sleeve for later use. And that's when it hit me...OMG, I AM MY MOTHER! I can't tell you how many times I borrowed a shirt of my mom's to only find a stash of tissues up the sleeve or in the pocket. I always found it super annoying as I questioned why anyone would want to walk around with a ball of tissues uncomfortably pressed up against their arm. Well at the ripe old age of 29 and as a mother of two, I get it Mom. And Mom, it's a genius idea. I am now whipping out tissues left and right and no longer feel like I am racing against Usain Bolt in order to get a tissue across the room (for those who don't know, Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, and I am the fastest woman when a snotty nose is involved). I bet right now she has a tissue up her sleeve. Am I right, Mom? In conclusion, I am happy to be joining the  "stick a tissue up your sleeve for later use" group and feeling more and more like a supermom everyday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment