Funny Kenzie moments happen on a daily basis but there are two that have really stood out these past few days. The first involved an imposture and the second a Lemur (an animal that looks similar to a raccoon only uglier).
The Imposture
Poor little Mackenzie has been battling a stomach bug and very runny nose for the past few days. Monday night she woke up and got sick all over her room. Unfortunately her favorite pal Ducky was right in the line of fire. Of course Ducky was the ONLY thing she wanted once she was done and to ease some of the pain we quickly washed him off as best we could and gave him back to her. I must have gagged a hundred times smelling the nasty wet duck she so sweetly nestled between her chest and my nose! When she wasn't looking we quietly took Ducky away (threw him in the washer) and replaced him with what we call our "replacement duck". Replacement Duck is the exact same stuffed animal as Ducky. Thank goodness we were smart enough to get two! Mackenzie was so out of it she didn't seem to notice we made the switch...until the morning that is!
The next morning I walked into her room and found replacement duck on the floor. I picked him up and gave him back to her. She stared at the duck's face for a long time, turned him over, and proceeded to examine the back of him. A look of disgust washed over her face as she forcefully thew him down on the ground again. I couldn't help but start laughing. She knew that it wasn't HER ducky. It was an imposture!
The Lemur
Jimmy finds this hilarious, me not so much, and you will see why...
We have an app on our iPhone that Mackenzie just loves. It shows her pictures of different animals, says their names, and then makes their animal sound. She absolutely LOVES looking at all the animals and requests that we play the app several times a day. For example it shows her dogs, cats, alligators, birds, lions, etc. I just thought it was the cutest thing up until a few days ago. Every time and I mean EVERY time the Lemur pops up on the screen, Mackenzie automatically points to it and says "Mommy". There are at least 30 animals and she only does it with the Lemur. Now if you don't know what a Lemur looks like, just take a look at the picture below....
Is she trying to tell me something???? Could I really look like this creature? Maybe it's the bugged out eyes, I guess I might get them from time-to-time! ;-)

LOL! I love this post! hahaha :)
ReplyDeletehahaha! we have that app, too. this is hilarious. she is adorable.
ReplyDelete