Thursday, December 16, 2010

Spreading the news...

Telling the Ball family & Jenna and Nick!
We already had plans to head down to Blacksburg to visit my family and go to the VT vs. JMU game. The stars must have aligned perfectly because Jenna and Nick came in town from California that very same weekend and stayed with us at my parents house! It was the perfect time to tell my family and Jimmy's sister and future brother-in-law!

We decided to share the news with Jenna and Nick first! Since we were having a mini sleepover in my parent's basement, Jenna jokingly said "Let's tell secrets!". She lead the way perfectly for us to spread the news! I responded with "Well, Jimmy and I do have a little secret of our own....We're going to have a baby!" Lot's of smiles and hugs quickly followed!

The next morning we decided to continue spreading the news to my family! My sister was 6 -7 months pregnant at the time and we thought the perfect way to tell them was through a gift to my future niece, Bellamy. As we all sat around the room, I gave Kristin an early baby shower present. When she opened the gift it was a white baby onesie that said "I'm going to be a cousin". After a bit of confusion, shock, and a lot of laughter, they finally got it! Everyone was overjoyed! We will never forget that special moment! We then called my brother at college to let him know he was going to be an Uncle for the second time!



Telling the Wolfe Parents

We planned a trip up to see Jimmy's parents the very next weekend. We were so excited to tell them in person! Unfortunately our four legged baby, Lupa, came down with a horrible case of kennel cough and I had to stay back to take care of her. When Jimmy arrived at his parents, he gave them a gift for their anniversary. Inside the box was two baby bibs, one that said "I love Grandma" and the other "I love Grandpa". Jimmy had me on speaker phone so I could hear their reactions when they opened the gift, and man where they priceless! I heard a lot of screaming followed by joyful crying! We were so happy to share that moment with them!

Our little one will be born into one great big loving family! Baby Wolfe is already so blessed! :-)

Patiently waiting for Baby Wolfe...

No comments:

Post a Comment