Isla had her first day of preschool yesterday and we just couldn't be more thrilled for her! She has watched her big sister go to school for 2 years now and it was finally her turn! She was so excited the days leading up to her big day and was even more excited the morning of! Sweet Isla can be a bit reserved with "new" situations and "new" people, so I knew the transition of me leaving would be hard for her. I am so proud to say that only a couple tears were shed at our goodbye, and I was told that the rest of the day she was nothing but smiles! Yay, Isla!
At pick up she ran to me beaming and told me how much she loved her first day! She told me all about how she danced, sang, played babies, and had some silly moments with the class puppet "funny bunny"!
We are so incredibly proud of you, Isla Marie. We are beyond thrilled to watch you grow and learn during your first year of school!
 |
| She brought her baby to school with her to provide some comfort. |
 |
| She got a very large treat after her first day! |
 |
Isla had two requests for when I picked her up from school... (1) That Lupa would come and pick her up too. (2) Ice cream! Mommy delivered on both!
|
A sweet little side note: When we picked up Mackenzie from Kindergarten, I immediately asked her about her day. She replied with "I will tell you in a minute Mommy, but first I want to hear how Isla's first day of school was." My heart just bursted as I thought that was the sweetest thing! I think we are raising two amazing little girls! <3
Such a big girl such an exciting day. Wow ice cream too. Any for Lupa? What a wonderful big sister she has.
ReplyDelete