Happy 2nd year of life! It's amazing how you have only been here for two short years but it feels like you have been in our lives forever. It truly is incredible how so much can change in a years time, and how much remains the same.
There have been a million changes since your first birthday, but the first would definitely be your vocabulary. It's actually existent! You are still a quite little soul and I think that is mainly due to your personality, but when you want to talk, you become a little inquisitive chatterbox! Your favorite saying is "How are you?" and you must ask me a hundred times a day. You are obsessed with the mailman and say his name over and over again when you hear his truck pulling up. You have now mastered "Kenzie" which I think made your sisters entire day when she heard you say it for the first time! I have lost count of how many words you can say, but I must admit I could listen to you talk all day.
Another major change that has taken place is your desire for independence and maturity. A lot of this comes from watching your older sister, but again I think it's an innate part of you. I can see you in twenty, thirty, forty plus years being a strong, independent, determined women because you show us this part of you everyday. So much so that a few weeks ago you nicely decided that you no longer were in need of your crib and despite your small stature (and not even being two years old yet) you were going to be in a big girl bed, end of story. Despite our greatest efforts, your determination on climbing out, confidently opening your bedroom door without a peep, and then independently roaming the halls at night, was enough for Mommy and Daddy to wave the white flag, and a big girl bed is exactly what you got!
Another new aspect that has now come into play is the amazing usage of your imagination. You no longer just play with toys, you interact with them. You talk to your bunny, take care of her like a mother, and seek comfort in her when boo boo's are just too much to handle. You love having tea parties and baking cakes in your kitchen. You bring a slice of your toy cake, with a candle you have carefully placed upon it, and sing "Hap-Ba" (Happy Birthday) to whoever you are throwing a party for. You no longer push buttons on toys just to push them, you are really trying to understand cause and effect. As far as puzzles used to go, all they were good for in your eyes were to chew on. Now you have an intense need to figure out how they fit together and are starting to realize that each piece is part of a bigger picture. It's truly amazing to watch your wheels turn.
With all the changes that have taken place, and I could have listed a million, some things have remained the same. Your smile and gift for laughter is on the top of the list. You are still the happiest little person I have ever come to know. You find goodness in so many things around you which in turn makes us all feel that same joy even when it's something as simple as the dog sneezing. You're right, it can be hilarious!
From the moment you were born, I have felt as though there was a peacefulness about you. That too has remained the same. You have a deep desire to care for others, to make others feel loved and important, and you find great joy in helping those around you. I know without a doubt in my mind, you will never lose this part of you. It's something that you were born with and will carry on with you throughout your life. My greatest pleasure it getting to watch you put this beautiful gift into action.
Lastly, you are one sneaky little girl. Yes, I said it, you are a sneak! You are all the wonderful things I have listed above which makes you get away with so much more. You have the perfect set up, you are quite mannered, sweet, and completely innocent looking, and you use it to your full advantage! Just when I think you are nicely playing with your toys, I turn my back for one second and you have dumped an entire bottle of bright red nail polish all over our carpeted steps and hardwood floors (for future reference, nail polish does not come out of carpet). That was just a few short weeks after you had dumped an entire bottle of blue nail polish all over your clothes, and do I dare say it, on your sister's beloved ducky (again for future reference, nail polish does not come out of clothes or ducks)! I must admit I love this part of you. It means that you are adventurous and at times a bit of a risk taker. All which are good qualities to have in life.
With that all being said, I leave you with a simple thanks. Thank you for being you. For changing, for remaining the same, for growing into the person you are meant to be. We love you, we are humbled by you, and will always be your biggest fan.
Happy Birthday, Isla Bean!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
Please go to www.mackenzieandisla.blogspot.com to view the video below.
No comments:
Post a Comment