Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Surprise!

As many of you know I turned the big 3-0 this past Sunday and what a better way to ring in a new decade then with a surprise party thrown by family and friends! My parents came up in what I thought was to watch the girls while Jimmy and I went out to dinner and a movie. They obviously had something else in mind and the scheming starting Friday evening when my parents gave me an amazing gift, a day at the spa with my Momma. It was a perfect gift and an even better plan to get me out of the house on Saturday! So while I was busy getting beautified at the spa, my husband was busy at home organizing the big surprise! My in-laws came down from Pennsylvania bearing delicious meatballs that would  be the party's main course while my sister and her family came up from Blacksburg with all the hand made decorations and unbelievable cake and cupcakes. My dad was in charge of watching the kiddies while everyone went to work on transforming the house into a place to party! It was truly a joint effort. I was so surprised and truly touched when I walked into the room and saw my family and best friends all gathered to celebrate my big day. The guests included my parents, in-laws, my sister and her family, my uncle Vince, and our great friends the Walkers and Shaws (and their little ones)! Unfortunately Kevin, Jenna, and Nick were unable to make it but I know they were there in spirit! I cannot thank everyone who was involved in the party planning enough. You made me feel so incredibly loved and I just wanted to send all those warm feeling right back to you. I have learned through the recent years that life is not to be taken for granted and that turning a year older is not something to frown upon but something to truly celebrate! I am so blessed to have hit the 30 year mark and I am looking forward to many more birthday milestones! Another special thank you to my husband, Mom, Dad, Pat, Jim, Kristin and Matt for all their hard work, planning, cooking, baking, decorating, child watching, traveling, and so on and so on! I love you all so much!

*Thank you Kristin for taking all of these awesome pictures. Is there anything you can't do?! :-)

Cake and Cupcakes by Kristin
Decorations by Kris



Surprise!!!!
Isla came to party!
Best Friends
Brandon got into the birthday spirit!















Such a great gift from the Shortt crew and Kev. All the pictures that I have posted on Instagram in one frame!

Mommy's 30!





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful surprise. Hope your birthday was filled with all the love and joy you give to us. You are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete