Isla Marie turned 15 months today and to celebrate we are going to see SANTA this evening (will post on how that goes later!). It's really hard to believe that Isla is 15 months old. She is right smack in the middle of her toddler years and although she certainly acts like a toddler, I must admit I still treat her like my little baby (not sure if that will ever end). She is so full of life and personality and keeps us giggling all day long. She is really enjoying books these days (which we love) however it takes us 20 minutes to get through a five page book because she is constantly pointing to every object in the book (multiple times) wanting to know the word for it. She also has gotten really good at identifying people in a photo, for example if you ask her where "Momma" is, she will point right at me (and so on and so on). She is teething like crazy and is now sporting eleven teeth. She is taking in everything we do and trying to do it herself. For instance she is always trying to put on her own socks, shoes, hat, clothes, etc. She also tries to put these items on her sister and parents. She knows when she is being cute as she will sport this "Yeah I know I'm adorable" grin and she definitely knows when she is being naughty as she will run in the opposite direction from you all while laughing hysterically trying not to be caught! She has the best friend in the world...her sister. Their relationship has really taken off. They "talk" to each other sweetly, give each other hugs throughout the day, giggle more than I thought was ever possible, and play tag like its running out of style. I often take a step back and give them their own time together as I am able to see the bond strengthening right there in those moments. We are so blessed to have this little peanut in our lives! Happy 15 months, Smiley Isley!!!
 |
| Mommy and Isla |
 |
| "Helping" with the dishes |
 |
| I was busy making breakfast when I heard little giggles coming from Isla followed by knocking coming from inside the pantry... |
 |
| Isla had shut Mackenzie in the pantry!!! |
 |
| Later that morning she got into the box of Cheerios and dumped them all over the floor! |
 |
| The girls had a blast cleaning them up! |
 |
| When did she become a big girl?!!! |
 |
| Brushing her teeth |
 |
| She is obsessed with our Christmas trees and all of their ornaments |
 |
| Breakfast conversation with Daddy |
 |
| We were cleaning Zie's car seat and Isla thought it was the best toy ever! |
 |
| Our little winter bunny! |
 |
| Mackenzie loves "catching" her sister when she comes down the slide. So sweet! |
 |
| Had to post this cute pic of big sis! |
 |
| 15 months :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment