Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Baby Girl #2!

With all the summer excitement, it occurred to me that I haven't posted about baby girl #2 in quit some time.You are probably wondering how long this little lady will be called "baby #2". Here is a little clue to get the guessing game started....


????

I am currently 30 weeks 6 days, and for the most part I feel great! I still have a good amount of energy which is a must to keep up with big sis, Mackenzie! Baby girl is getting more and more active with each passing day which leads me to believe she is starting to get nice and squished in there! Her most active time is right when Mommy lays down for the night! At a recent ultrasound we learned that she is weighing in at 3 pounds 1 ounce! We also came to find out that she has a fetal arrhythmia (heart skips a beat) which is simply due to maturation. The doctor said her heart just needs a little more time to develop and it should go away overtime. All in all nothing to worry about!  It was so nice to be able to see her growth through the ultrasound as she took little practice breaths and even yawned a few times! Once again she was quit the stubborn one and we weren't able to get a good shot of her. She let us have a few glimpses here and there of her face, but not enough to really make much out. I think we might have a shy one on our hands!

We have been working hard on her room and it is coming along nicely. We hope to put the finishing touches on it this weekend! Once it is complete we will be sure to post some pictures! Mackenzie is certainly enjoying herself in there too! She runs all over the room, point to different objects and pictures on the wall, and is loving her baby sister's stuffed animals and toys! I can just envision them running back and forth between their rooms playing!





I'm guessing by now you have tried to think of every possible name that begins with the letter "I". Isabelle? Irene? Ingrid? And every name that starts with an "M". Margaret? Madison? Macy? But what could it possibly be......




Isla Marie!!!! We fell in love with the sweet sound of the name Isla (eye-la) and Marie is my middle name as well as the name of my great-grandmother (father's side). From what we already can tell, this name will fit her perfectly!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful name. Love the middle name as I also carry Marie as my middle name after my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete