Monday, July 14, 2014

OBX Lighthouse 5K

Last week I did something I have never done before...I ran in a race! A 5K to be exact. I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment as I have never considered myself a runner (and still really don't). I have been consistently running for the past 3 months and it turns out I kinda like it! When I saw that the Outer Banks Lighthouse 5K was happening during our vacation and was taking place less than a mile from our house, I thought why not! And to make it even better my Mom agreed to do it with me! A 5K is 3.1 miles so it was the perfect one to get our feet wet. It was a beautiful HOT day and we had an awesome cheering section that accompanied us! Uncle Vince, Tyler, Kristin, all the wee ones, and even Kaia came to cheer us on (Jimmy and my Dad were back at work and weren't able to be there). My Mom and I finished like champs and both of us hit our time goal! Needless to say we are pretty proud of ourselves! So proud that we are already looking for another race to run! Ready..Set...Go!

Our bibs! 

Before heading off to the race

Hanging out before it started


Best part was doing it with this lady!
Waiting to get started

A high five and then we were...

off and running!
In the chute!
Waiving to my awesome supporters! 
Getting ready to cross the finish line!
Sweet Beckham came sprinting over to me when I finished. Best sweaty hug ever!
We finished!!!
Thumbs up to a great first race! 
(I realized after doing this post that I have no pictures of my Mom running. I am sure Kristin will be posting some of her running pics in a future blog post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment