Wednesday, April 18, 2012

11 Months Old!

Happy 11 months to Mackenzie! I can't believe in a month our sweet pea will be a year old! It feels like it was just yesterday that we welcomed her into the world! Now she is walking, giving kisses, climbing the stairs, chasing Lupa all around, and saying the word "baby!" (in reference to her favorite doll, but still perfect timing since she will be a big sister soon!). And wow, does this little girl have a personality! She doesn't stop smiling and chatting, and she certainly knows what she wants and doesn't want! Mackenzie is known to be a very (and very is an understatement) picky eater (thanks to her daddy) and sticks to the following foods: cheese, oatmeal, and yogurt. Veggies and meat are allowed but ONLY if Mommy sings, dances, and makes a complete fool of herself in the process. Fruits are off limits (shhh...Mommy sneaks them into her oatmeal!), and cheerios and puffs are definite yes's when it comes to snack time. We hope that as she grows, so will her liking of different foods!

To jump start Mackenzie's birthday celebration, we got family pictures taken by a local photographer on an old farm in Orange, VA. It was such a special time for Jimmy and I as we are so proud of our little girl! At the end of the shoot, the photographer told me that I was the most "energetic" and "entertaining" mother she has ever met (in reference to trying to make Mackenzie smile). Jimmy pretty much knows the lengths I am willing to go in order to get a smile, but I am pretty sure he was mortified when I proceeded to pick up a stick the size of a small child and began frantically waving it in the air above the photographer's poor head all while yelling "How big's Mackenzie?!" But hey, the smile you are about to see in the photo below makes it all worth it! ;-) Happy 11, Mackenzie!

Happy almost birthday! (11 months old!)

Diva in training!

Obviously there was no stick waving here, just one beautiful little girl!

The Wolfe Family

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures. All of Mommie's jumping around making a fool of herself was worth it.
    Happy 11 months Mackenzie, you are a treasure.

    Love Aunt Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love all the pictures! They are adorable! Too funny with the stick, I can totally see you doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture you doing that as well! hahaha. Flashbacks to taking photos for her invitation just popped into my head! Love the photos, especially the family shot. You look amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete