We survived our first earthquake! An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.8 hit Virginia today with the center being only 30 miles from us. I must say it was one of the scariest moments and even scarier with a baby. The house shook like crazy as things rattled on shelves and pictures fell off the walls. I immediately grabbed Mackenzie and ran outside. Since earthquakes are incredibly rare in Virginia I had no clue what was happening and my first thought was that the house was going to blow up. It wasn't until I ran outside and saw neighbors in the street that I realized it wasn't just me. Mackenzie stayed calm through it all while Mommy shook like a leaf. We have felt three aftershocks since. All four of us (Lupa too!) are safe and sound and just can't believe what we witnessed today. Crazy!
Before all the excitement Mackenzie played dress-up for Mommy. Here are a few photos before things got a little chaotic...




No comments:
Post a Comment